This vegan frittata recipe makes a large and delectable dish of food. If you use cooked potatoes in place of the mushrooms you’ll have a Spanish Tortilla!
Vegan Frittata Ingredients
- 3 boxes of Silken Tofu
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- Kala Namak (black salt, tastes sulfurous like egg) to taste
- a little olive oil
- a box of fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced (or tinned ones)
- a chopped red pepper
- one small tin of sweetcorn
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Grease a baking dish and place it in the oven to heat (frittata will cook more quickly).
- Blend the tofu with the turmeric, gram flour and Kaka Namak.
- Wash, slice and fry up the mushrooms and pepper in the olive oil.
- Add the sweetcorn to the mix and stir until well heated through.
- Combine the blended tofu mixture with the mushrooms and vegetables (in the cooking pan if big enough, or straight into the oven heated dish) and bake for at least half an hour or until the frittata/tortilla seems set through.
We served it with chips and salad above, but it is lovely on its own and also cold and sliced the next day.
If you liked this vegan frittata recipe try some of our other fare here!
Montezuma’s chunky chocolate snowmen are on offer just now!
THE MERMAID AND THE BEAR features the 1597 Aberdeen witchcraft panic while FIREFLIES AND CHOCOLATE was inspired by the kidnapped children of Aberdeen.
The blend of dark events and romance in these stories is perfect for wintry nights in front of the fire!
Paperback & kindle: http://author.to/mermaid