This turmeric macaroni is flavourful and nutritious, high in protein and also, thanks to the turmeric, has anti-inflammatory properties. It’s important to use a high quality turmeric: we like this one.
We used Tesco’s free from macaroni as it’s one of the nicest we’ve found. It does have a tendency to stick together in the pan so stir frequently for the first few minutes of cooking if using this one.
Turmeric Macaroni Ingredients
- Pasta of your choice, cooked to pack instructions. The sauce is enough for 500g.
- half a cup of quinoa grain
- half a cup of cashew nuts
- a medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, scraped and chopped
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped
- 3 cardamon pods
- 1 heaped teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 heaped teaspoon of cumin
- and another heaped one of ground fenugreek
- water to cover
- salt if you like, but it really doesn’t need it
While your pasta is cooking, place all the other ingredients in a medium saucepan and cover well with water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer until the quinoa is cooked and sprouted and the vegetables are soft. Blend well until smooth then stir into the cooked, drained, pasta. Yum.
If you liked this recipe try some of our others here
Over on Frugal Living today: Frugal Living Basics and Jerusalem Artichokes
The blend of dark events and romance in these stories is perfect for wintry nights in front of the fire!
Paperback & kindle: http://author.to/mermaid