These chocolate rum truffles are super easy and completely delicious.
Chocolate Rum Truffles Ingredients
- Some left over cake, crumbled – about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons of Apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons of rum (or rum flavouring)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
- 50g./2oz (half a large bar) of vegan chocolate, melted
- Coating of choice – cocoa, chopped nuts, coconut etc.
- Optional: you can coat them in more melted chocolate if you like!
Mix everything together and then squeeze into balls (about 5 cm. diameter) and roll in the coating. Place in petit four cases (or on a festive napkin as in slightly bizarre picture).
If you liked these chocolate rum truffles you might like more of our festive recipes here
‘Vegetarian Christmas’ by Rose Elliot. Not exclusively vegan but there is a plethora of vegan delights included and most of the lacto-ovo recipes are easily ‘veganisable’. Our favourite Christmas dinner of Chestnut and Red wine pate en croute is one of many included here along with lots of advice on taking the work out of Christmas catering. This book is full of ideas for lots of special touches which can be prepared early and frozen – a firm favourite.
Now out of print but the hardcover is available cheaply from both UK and USA Amazons below and has lots of lovely photos throughout 🙂 We love this book so much we even wrote a blog post on it!
Buy Amazon UK