Breakfast at home (on our new pallet table!) and the Vegan Fry at Food Story in Aberdeen:
It’s great to eat a really good meal prepared by someone else sometimes, isn’t it? allplants deliver 100% vegan meals directly to your door!
The details: customers can select six dishes from their menu of flavourful dishes like creamy Cashew Mac, Golden Sesame Satay and BBQ Burrito Bowl.
- 100% plant-based (no animals products) and made with healthy whole food ingredients, like vegetables, fruit, mushrooms, nuts and seeds
- Chef-prepared – simply heat and enjoy
- Flash frozen to lock in taste and nutrients with no chemicals
- Delivered directly to homes and offices across Britain
- Available in portions for one (380g) or two (760g)
- Gluten-free and high-protein options available
- New dishes added monthly
- Available as a one-off order or subscription – customers can pause, delay or cancel their subscription at any time
- 100% recyclable or reusable packaging, with free CollectPlus returns label for packaging included
- Check them out here
It’s summer! Well, summery… sometimes. Along with the start of barefoot beach walks this means The Last Bus Canteen (totally vegan café near New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire) is open again at weekends:
Also of interest to local people: The Davron Hotel in Rosehearty has a new extensive vegan menu which boasts starters, mains and various puddings.
Book-wise we’ve been enjoying:
Philippa Gregory’s The Taming of the Queen and Deliciously Ella with Friends, a plant based cook book with lots of full colour photos.
And rainbows, we’ve been enjoying rainbows…
Montezuma’s vegan Easter range includes dark cheeky bunnies, a dark eco egg and this year they have a beautiful 100% cocoa egg with buttons and a large egg with peanut butter truffle mini eggs! See them here.
Vegan items in the Montezuma’s Sale!
Three exciting new vegan ice cream flavours from Ben and Jerry’s, though not cheap at £5.50 per tub (Tesco), so they’re being kept for Christmas!
Also new on the pudding/cake front from supermarkets are Morrison’s Salted Caramel Donuts, confirmed as suitable for vegans, and, in direct contrast to the above ice cream, only 50p per pack 🙂
For four people, blend up: 2 ripe avocados, 3 bananas, an inch or so block of fresh peeled ginger and 1 or 2 tablespoons of cocoa (or cacao if you would like to keep this totally raw).
That’s it! It’s rich and creamy and surprisingly good for you 🙂
Optional variants: add the grated rind of an orange, or exchange the ginger for a little chilli, fresh or dried.
Don’t miss our Vegan Christmas page!
And how about some luxury chocolate indulgence from Hotel Chocolat?
The All Dark Collection!
Montezuma’s, a company that has provided vegans with completely delicious chocolate since we went vegan over 20 years ago, has some lovely gift ideas this year! There’s truffles and buttons and gift bags and even a library, yes a library, of chocolate! Go see!